Happy fall break, friends! At last, rest and relaxation. I don’t know about you, but it seems like when I have the most free time is when I get the most caught up in my own thoughts about the world. Yesterday I had the whole day to myself, I could watch as much How I Met Your Mother as I liked, I even cleaned the suite (gasps!) – and the whole time, I thought a lot about who I am. So many things have changed in the last few months, and heck, the last few years. Am I still the same person I’ve always been? Am I becoming more of the person I want to be? Call it something of a small existential crisis, if you will, but I want to make sure each day I’m alive on this earth is purposeful and meaningful and that I am living out exactly the person that I am, all the time.
So today I was scrolling through Facebook, right? And you know how sometimes you get bored enough to “backstalk” your own profile? As I scrolled down the page, I stumbled across the “notes” section. (When was the last time anyone you know used the notes section on Facebook?) And there I found, from my sophomore year of high school, one of those so-and-so tagged me in it, now I have to share 30 things about myself, and tag 30 more people. Y’all did those in high school, right? Like the texts you had to send to twenty people so your crush would wind up on your doorstep as the clock struck midnight. Anywho, I read this note, expecting to laugh at myself. And you know what? I had a little laugh at a couple things, but all in all, these are still basically the same things that are true of me today. Here, let me tell you –
30 Things (….a bunch of people tagged me in this..and im just now getting around to it…lol)
Once you have been tagged you are encouraged to write a note with 30 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end choose 30 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you it’s because I want to know more about you. Just quit the internal whining and do it. (To do this go to notes on your profile page, Paste these instructions in the body of the note type your 30 random things, tag 30 people, then click publish).
1) My full name’s Alexandra Kay Crume…but I go by Allie or Allie Kay
2) I’ve played flute for 5 years, piano for 7, and i never want to stop
3) PIGS are my favorite animals. i have like a zillion stuffed animal pigs. my favorite is named oinker.
4) I would tell you my favorite color’s pink…but if you’re friends with me, it’s pretty much a given.
5) Marching band, pep band, wind ensemble… i love love love band!!! I’m so glad i did it!
6) the flute section is awesome. despite our randomness and the recurring flute gene…
7) I’m a Christian and my life revolves around my faith.
8) I really really like school…I love all my classes and seeing my friends all the time is super fun.
9) I strongly detest fish and spagetti…eeeeeeeeew.
10) I really really really love peanut butter sandwiches. that’s my lunch. every single day.
11) I love to write songs, poems, and stories…it’s my way of expressing whatever i’m feeling and getting things off my chest
12) My favorite music is definitely Christian!!! Third Day, Reliant K, Eleventyseven, pureNRG, Francesca Battistelli, MercyMe, Steven Curtis Chapman, Superchic[k], Backyard Galaxy, Downhere, Jill Phillips, Phillips Craig and Dean, Skillet, Switchfoot, TobyMac, Brandon Heath, Joy Williams…yes i think you get the picture. 🙂
13) don’t get me wrong, I love a lot of other music too. Enya is AMAZING, and I have never met an Owl City song I didn’t like!!! i have a lot of other random songs i love too…that would take to long to list here though.
14) My favorite movies are definitely The Blind Side, the Twilight movies, Toy Story, and The Chronicles of Narnia. there’s more, but i couldn’t tell you off the top of my head.
15) I think 30 things is waaaaaaaay too long!! I’m only half-way done? This is hard!!!
16) I used to take dance lessons and dream of being on the dance team, but I like making up my own stuff and choreographing stuff with my friends much more as I’ve gotten older.
17) I also used to be in choir, and I’ve done a lot of church choirs. I really really like to sing, but unfortunetly, choir doesn’t fit into my schedule at school.
18) I have one dog named Annabelle (westie) and she’s the most hilarious thing ever! i love her!
19) I have one brother- Gene- and he’s a lot of fun. Well, he’s crazy and he’s 11, which means he never runs out of energy, but he’s a really sweet brother when he wants to be. lol
20) I looooooooove reading…my all-time favorite books are Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life and Every Soul a Star, both by Wendy Mass. I love Harry Potter, Eragon, Twilight, etc! 🙂
21) At times I can be really technologically inept. For example, I saved this note in drafts to finish later, then i came back and couldn’t figure out how to open it again. thank goodness i finally did…now to finish it…
22) I like laughing…it makes me happy. people who make me laugh are my favorite people ever 🙂 lots of people say i laugh weird but since everyone laughs differently i don’t think so.
23) i like making other people laugh, because then it makes everyone happier 🙂
24) I love doing crazy, wild, and often stupid things with my friends… doing handstands against the closet while eating marshmallows, The Holly Girls, making sporadic movies, telling random guard girls in the bathroom we like their uniforms…
25) i keep a Quote Book full of things I’ve read in books, heard on the radio, seen on a sign, or heard someone say. So if i start to write down something you said, beware! just kidding 🙂
26) I love english and history, and of course music! im okay at math and science, but they’re not my favorites.
27) i have no idea where i want to go to college or what i want to do after that…possibly music, english, or history education…i’ve always wanted to be a teacher.
28) I tend to fall down, run into things, and drop things a lot…usually it’s because I’m wrapped up in a book, thinking hard or just plain old distracted.
29) My number one pet peeve is mean teasing. if you tease me over and over or i see you teasing my friends or family, chances are good i’ll go off on you…but I’m working on that.
30) this list took me almost a week to complete between homework, school, church, band, etc…which shows you how crazy busy my life can be right now…but I wouldn’t have it any other way! 🙂
So there you have it. 30 things about me. My tastes in books, movies and music have changed a little over the years – but worship is still my favorite kind of music. And I’ll eat spaghetti now on occasion – but fish, yuck!
What I’m trying to say is, reading this old note was super reassuring, in a strange way. All in all, whatever else may be changing, whatever circumstances falling apart, God gave me some things that make me, me, and those don’t change. Who and how I am in the world doesn’t change, even when the world spins off its axis. And let me tell you, I love being Allie Kay, a new romantic, a Christian, a piccolo player, that girl who’s obsessed with pink – I love being me.